Tuesday 18 October 2016

Ochor disassociates self from Facebook con messages


Warri: Hon. Ochor Chris Ochor has disassociated himself from Facebook con messages that have been sent to people demanding for one financial contribution or the other.
Mr. Ochor Chris Ochor

In a statement, the Executive Director Social Services Development, on the Board of the Delta state Oil Producing Areas Development Commission, (DESOPADEC), Hon Ochor Chris Ochor on Tuesday, October 18, 2016 disassociated himself from Facebook messages asking for financial inducements, through the organization of meetings or any other activities that will involve financial spending.
In the statement he called on Nigerians to beware of the activities of fraudsters using Social Media like the Facebook, to scam them by the cloning of their Facebook accounts to defraud citizens.
Hon Ochor stated that for more than one month running, he had received numerous calls from well meaning Nigerians on issues purportedly claiming that he will be meeting with them for some government contracts, with financial implications.
The Executive Director however said he had no knowledge of such meetings, as he never planned for such, even as a government official.
Buttressing this, he stated that one of the messages the fraudsters had been sending to their victims is the
“The Bank of Agriculture is having a meeting with leaders in Niger Delta on farming and the opportunities in it.
“This is not from me, and the Facebook page Hon-Ochor Chris Ochor is not for me, and I dissociate myself from such messages and Facebook page,” he stated, explaining that
“For the benefit of doubt, before this time I had asked my Media Aides to close my official Facebook account, which is not this, and for now I don’t have any Facebook account.
“Again it has come to my notice that there are other Facebook accounts bearing my name. None of these are mine. They are all fake and I call on all Nigerians, especially Deltans to ignore such messages from the tricksters,” he concluded.


No comments:

Post a Comment